'Rapidlok Findings'
Author:bluebirdpod (registered user: 28 posts )
Date: Mon, Jan 19th, 2009 @ 17:49 ( . )

Hey Pete, can a catweasel card with a old 360K floppy read CBM disks ?? if so would a PC drive read those differently, I know a 3.5 drive works with a catweasel, but does a 360K??, I have 2 old 360K drives that spin a 300RPM, Vs a 1.2m drive which spins at 360RPM. duh, maybe I should try it, if you or somebody else has never tried this combo.

-BBP

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

'Rapidlok Findings'
Author:Pete Rittwage (registered user: 558 posts )
Date: Mon, Jan 19th, 2009 @ 17:56 ( . )

Sorry- I don't know. I don't have a Catweasel.

I know that no PC drive can image side 2 of a CBM disk, because the side 2 head is offset from the side 1 head. Without modding a drive, there is no index hole detected when flipping the disk, so we can't read it that way either.

'Rapidlok Findings'
Author:visualmess (registered user: 47 posts )
Date: Thu, Jan 22nd, 2009 @ 16:21 ( . )

I have a catweasel and use it with a 3.5in drive and a 5.25 inch drive. My 5.25 inch drive is a 1.2meg HD drive so I don't know if that is the problem I have. So far (even with the latest drivers) any c64 disk that is protected the catweasel can not reproduce it let alone read it correctly. Any of my c64 floppies that were not protected work fine with it as long as (what Pete already mentioned) you are reading side 1 only. Because of the index hole sensor, flipping the disk over produces nothing unless you manually cut a hole in the protective cover of the floppy jacket so the index hole on the physical floppy shows through even when flipped to side 2.

'Rapidlok Findings'
Author:visualmess (registered user: 47 posts )
Date: Thu, Jan 22nd, 2009 @ 16:38 ( . )

I forgot to add that the catweasel can only produce the following Commodore 64/128 files (d64/d71/d81 with error info). So it is unable to create g64 files and as far as I can tell the error info they are talking about are physical errors on the disk used in the c64s early days.

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q65=1714724917 - Threads: / 1714724917