'New filename bug?'
Author:Lord Crass (guest: search)
Date: Tue, Nov 14th, 2006 @ 00:00 ( . )

In the 11/10/2006 mnib release for DOS, when I use the -i option for interactive, it images the disk and then offers the 'f' option to change the filename for the next disk.

I hit 'f', then enter, then type the new filename when prompted and hit enter again. It images the disk, then prompts for 'f/q' again and without letting me enter anything, it immediately images the same disk again. This happened every time for me.

Also, I noticed that the image writing options were removed from this latest version?

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

'New filename bug?'
Author:Pete Rittwage (registered user: 558 posts )
Date: Sun, Dec 31st, 2006 @ 22:56 ( . )

Yes, the writing options are being moved to another utility. It was becoming too confusing handling all the different switches and modes with one program doing reading and writing. It allows me to modularize the code better also to support new options, such as working with RAM expansions in lieu of the parallel port. :)

'New filename bug?'
Date: Sun, Dec 31st, 2006 @ 22:57 ( . )

BTW, I'll look into the bug with interactive filenames... It probably stems from not properly clearing STDIN or something.

'New filename bug?'
Date: Sun, Dec 31st, 2006 @ 23:02 ( . )

On 12/31/2006 @ 22:57, Pete Rittwage wrote :
BTW, I'll look into the bug with interactive filenames... It probably stems from not properly clearing STDIN or something.
--

I tried and couldn't reproduce it. Either I fixed it already when you mentioned it, or it only happens in the DOS version. Unfortunately I don't have a DOS machine setup anymore and have been using OpenCBM for the last year or so.

'New filename bug?'
Author:Ian Colquhoun (guest: search)
Date: Thu, Feb 08th, 2007 @ 12:25 ( . )

On 12/31/2006 @ 23:02, Pete Rittwage wrote:
I tried and couldn't reproduce it. Either I fixed it already when you mentioned it, or it only happens in the DOS version. Unfortunately I don't have a DOS machine setup anymore and have been using OpenCBM for the last year or so.

Pete, I'm experiencing this problem too. I've tried in Linux and DOS and it happened in both. I've also found the Linux version to be quite unreliable - it seg faults on me about every other time. The DOS version is nice and stable, but the interactive mode doesn't work properly.

'New filename bug?'
Date: Thu, Feb 08th, 2007 @ 13:14 ( . )

I'll see if I can get DOS booted off of a USB stick next week and see what happens. All the code has been changed over to the new NIBTOOLS package, so I need to check to see if it works properly under DOS. Interactive mode was lost in the process, so it needs redone now anyway. I think I'll remove the ability to specify filenames and just make it automatic.

'New filename bug?'
Author:Ian Colquhoun (guest: search)
Date: Thu, Feb 08th, 2007 @ 13:38 ( . )

Ok... sounds good to me. Looking forward to checking out the new code.

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q85=1716209989 - Threads: / 1716209989