'MNIB and parallel cable'
Author:visualmess (registered user: 47 posts )
Date: Wed, Oct 18th, 2006 @ 09:44 ( . )

Is it true that you can only backup protected disks with a parallel XP1541 cable? If so, I have a 1541 drive with a Supercard+ 6 in it that already has a parallel cable that hooked to the C64/128 user port. I will send photos of the drive since I can't believe it still works seeing I had the top cutoff with a Jiffydos chip in it, a Supercard+ board, a digital track, sector, and density readout device from Utilities Unlimited plus at one time I apparently added an index hole sensor that is now unwired (never got it working). Anyways my question is can I use the parallel cable already in it and build a cable that has the user port male end (to plug into the female end on the parallel cable that is already in the 1541) to a PC parallel end that would plug into the LPT port on the PC?

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

Author:Pete Rittwage (registered user: 558 posts )
Date: Wed, Oct 18th, 2006 @ 14:11 ( . )

Yes, you shouldn't have to do any more surgery to the drive. You just need the adapted to convert it to the PC parallel port. I think the board itself that does that is called the XMP/XAP/XEP "adapter" board. It even has the same connected as the C64 user port, so you'd just plug it right into your existing cable.

Author:Pete Rittwage (registered user: 558 posts )
Date: Wed, Oct 18th, 2006 @ 14:15 ( . )

This board lets you use your existing cables entirely.

[link]

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q49=1716208858 - Threads: / 1716208858