'Exolon'
Author:JimDrew (registered user: 23 posts )
Date: Wed, Sep 25th, 2013 @ 13:17 ( . )

I have a NTSC version of Exolon by Microprose/Hewson. I am not sure what the protection is, but SuperCard Pro copies it and generates a working .g64.. anyone know the history on this game? I have never seen it before and I got in a big lot of C64 software.

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

'Exolon'
Author:Pete Rittwage (registered user: 558 posts )
Date: Wed, Sep 25th, 2013 @ 14:02 ( . )

Thanks Jim - that is likely old information from the previous decade. I will check it and update. Thanks!

'Exolon'
Date: Wed, Sep 25th, 2013 @ 14:27 ( . )

On 09/25/2013 @ 13:17, JimDrew wrote :
I have a NTSC version of Exolon by Microprose/Hewson. I am not sure what the protection is, but SuperCard Pro copies it and generates a working .g64.. anyone know the history on this game? I have never seen it before and I got in a big lot of C64 software.
--

Yep, verified old info from 2008. Emulators run it fine now. GMA/Securispeed does a sync-length check on track 38, I believe.

'Exolon'
Date: Wed, Sep 25th, 2013 @ 19:12 ( . )

Not on this version. I don't know what the protection is, or where it is, but I can tell you that during the load it steps from track 18 to track 9, and then the game appears. It never moves the head beyond this range.

'Exolon'
Date: Wed, Sep 25th, 2013 @ 19:34 ( . )

Ah, you must have the NTSC version and mine is PAL (that GMA loader is mostly on PAL releases). Send it along if you don't mind.

'Exolon'
Date: Thu, Sep 26th, 2013 @ 11:31 ( . )

I do have the NTSC version - at least it loads on NTSC machines. I only made a .g64, not a .nib file. I will have to drag out my stuff to do that. I need to anyways because I need to double-check the .nib file support in the SuperCard Pro software.

'Exolon'
Date: Thu, Sep 26th, 2013 @ 11:57 ( . )

On 09/26/2013 @ 11:31, JimDrew wrote :
I do have the NTSC version - at least it loads on NTSC machines. I only made a .g64, not a .nib file. I will have to drag out my stuff to do that. I need to anyways because I need to double-check the .nib file support in the SuperCard Pro software.
:
--

G64 is fine. They contain almost the same level of detail....

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q91=1716238791 - Threads: / 1716238791