'V-Max secondary checks'
Author:hyper active (registered user: 296 posts )
Date: Thu, Jan 17th, 2013 @ 01:40 ( . )

Good Evening
Today I finally got ice hockey up and running on my 128d with internal drive by converting the flux stream to g64 with dtc, then writing the long tracks from the g64. You'll need a maverick speed controller fitted to your drive or a way of slowing down the drive motor without too much jitter and flutter to remaster these big tracks, or else the tracks will become mangled. If this happens, you'll often get mixed results. My 1541 seems to be a bit more forgiving than my c128d when the game checks the tracks, on the latter machine, the head would thrash and shake like mad.

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

'V-Max secondary checks'
Author:Hyperactive (guest: search)
Date: Tue, Oct 22nd, 2013 @ 01:16 ( . )

That was a band aid solution to convert the tracks from KF to g64 then write back the long tracks with nibwrite, but it worked. Now I have a Kryoflux device, which does all the hard work for you. Oh well, it's been a fun protection to play with. You have to hand it to Harald though, he really was on top of his game with his anti-piracy system. We had to overcome not 1, not 2, not even 3, but 4 obstacles in order to copy the game
The loader code on track 20, the check for extra drive ram, the short and long tracks, and the sync check on track 12.
Of course, no game stayed uncrackable for long, but I'm guessing it kept the hackers and crackers busy for long enough for Cinemaware to rake in a decent amount of money.

'V-Max secondary checks'
Date: Thu, Dec 21st, 2017 @ 18:00 ( . )

On Infiltrator II mission 1, the following edits must be made to pass the sync length check
track 21: Header block sync: 2B FF FF FF FF FF
Data block sync: AF FF FF FF FF.

track 13: Header block sync: 2B FF FF FF FF FF
Data block sync: AF FF FF FF FF FF.
(Same as superstar Ice Hockey).
Curiously, nibtools v587 is the only version that is able to capture track 21 correctly, but none of the versions I have can successfully capture the right number of syncs for track 13.

'V-Max secondary checks'
Date: Tue, Dec 26th, 2017 @ 00:32 ( . )

Whoops, sorry, MY MISTAKE, Both the header block and data block for track 13 should be AF FF FF FF FF

'V-Max secondary checks'
Author:Pete Rittwage (registered user: 558 posts )
Date: Wed, May 23rd, 2018 @ 13:45 ( . )

On 12/21/2017 @ 18:00, hyper active wrote :
On Infiltrator II mission 1, the following edits must be made to pass the sync length check
: track 21: Header block sync: 2B FF FF FF FF FF
: Data block sync: AF FF FF FF FF.
:
: track 13: Header block sync: 2B FF FF FF FF FF
: Data block sync: AF FF FF FF FF FF.
: (Same as superstar Ice Hockey).
: Curiously, nibtools v587 is the only version that is able to capture track 21 correctly, but none of the versions I have can successfully capture the right number of syncs for track 13.
--

Interesting, I will have to see why...

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q242=1714917253 - Threads: / 1714917253