'Greetings from The Dark Wizard'
Author:Farulosonoth (registered user: 2 posts )
Date: Sat, Apr 14th, 2012 @ 11:42 ( . )

Hi there,

I have heard of this project before, and was interested. But recently one of your members Hyper Active has purchased a Defender of the Crown from me on ebay I guess in an attempt to create one of your special images with all the Copy Protection in tact.

Apparently there was a problem with side 2. Sorry about that.

Now, I am no programmer, or hardware developer by any means, I am a desktop support technician who's first machine was a C64. Just so you know my background.

I have been perusing the forums and when you guys are talking about nibs, and flux capacitors, I have no idea what your talking about. But, I do have a very keen interest in preserving these disks for the purpose of playing the games later and also equally important when our alien masters return, or when acheologists 3000 years from now excavate some ruin, they will see that we did actually used to play games that challenged our minds and not just the drivel that is being made these days (some of which I do play *hangs head in shame*)...

Ok anyway, got off on a rant there, Just stopping by to say high, I have a large collection of original C64 disks, 100's of titles, some multiple copies (I have other formats too like Amiga, older IBM PC etc... I know you guys arent concerned with that, just throwing it out there) So if you guys are searching for a particular title, let me know.

These forums are kind of different to navigate so if you really want to shoot me a quick question, it might be best to email at cosner.richard@gmail.com. I'm not sure how often I will be checking in.

I am more than willing to help you guys in any way that I can.

Thank you,
Farulosonoth - The Dark Wizard.

PS. Check out my radio station at www.rpgradio.com, I play a bunch of Computer Role Playing Game music even a few sparse tracks I created from some C64 games. There arent alot of those, but a few sprinkled in.

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

Author:Farulosonoth (registered user: 2 posts )
Date: Sat, Apr 14th, 2012 @ 11:54 ( . )

Hmm... News seemed like the closest thing of the group choices of where to put my little greeting, yet it ended up on the front page?

Sorry about that.

Author:Pete Rittwage (registered user: 558 posts )
Date: Sat, Apr 14th, 2012 @ 12:05 ( . )

That is perfectly fine- Welcome!

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q50=1716212565 - Threads: / 1716212565