'Bounty Bob'
Author:hyper active (registered user: 296 posts )
Date: Tue, Apr 10th, 2012 @ 20:54 ( . )

If Jim Drew could do it with his software in 1989, then it can be done by nibtools in 2012. The old saying "where there's a will there's a way comes to mind

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

'Bounty Bob'
Author:Pete Rittwage (registered user: 558 posts )
Date: Tue, Apr 10th, 2012 @ 21:29 ( . )

It's a custom copier, meaning it was created just to write out this one title... which is all it does. It copies a couple of tracks of regular CBM data, then reads in all the halftracks and writes them back out while sweeping the tracks.

It would basically take a custom write routine, and there is no "will" on my part.

I already have a Super-Card+. :)

'Bounty Bob'
Author:Jim Drew (guest: search)
Date: Tue, May 15th, 2012 @ 01:01 ( . )

Keep in mind that the custom copier just calls routines from the core code. Bounty Bob just requires half tracked writes that are interleaved so that wide head destroys areas not used. There was no real magic to this. Had they used more than 50% of the track (in each half track), it would have not been possible to use a CBM drive to write the data back.

'Bounty Bob'
Author:Jim Drew (guest: search)
Date: Tue, May 15th, 2012 @ 01:04 ( . )

Oh, and yes you need to write protect ALL copies where the original never had a write protect notch to begin with. I would say that maybe 80% of the commercials games I saw tried to write to the disk as part of their protection check!

'Bounty Bob'
Author:bluebirdpod (registered user: 28 posts )
Date: Wed, May 16th, 2012 @ 09:21 ( . )

This is true, you need to WP copies or simply make a WP switch mod to your drive. Legacy of the Ancients will write back to the copy if not WP, and it will only load ONE TIME. I thought the copies were going bad, but after WP them all was good. Remember has released this title on one disk side!, wow modern compression techniques are much better than the old ones.

'Bounty Bob'
Author:jerrykurtz (registered user: 4 posts )
Date: Wed, May 16th, 2012 @ 12:29 ( . )

Shamus formats the disk. I know this from experience as I had a write-protect disable switch on my drive and when I loaded the game, it got formatted. Bye bye original disk. I should have known better...

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q148=1714931843 - Threads: / 1714931843