'introduction'
Author:ghoshy2011 (registered user: 1 posts )
Date: Wed, Nov 30th, 2011 @ 19:48 ( . )

Hi just a quick message to say Hi to everyone and wish you all a happy christmas and new year nice to meet you, and im just working out how to get my CBM 64c games uploaded by connecting my CBM 64 to my pc. plus my amiga games aswell.. :) chat soon..

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

'introduction'
Author:TPKawleski (registered user: 8 posts )
Date: Wed, Jan 11th, 2012 @ 11:52 ( . )

This looks like a good spot...

...Hi as well!! Seems to be a good season to relax and reminisce.

I've got GEOS. not to many games, and hardly any originals of those. These were WORK COMPUTERS in our household (having grown up in business..)

Still got the originals in darn good shape... but, as for a "quick-start" method i haven't found..

I thrive on HOW-TO's with my limited resources and time...

Perhaps someone could direct me to a logical step-by-step method to get on and imaging!?

So far i'd like to check some assumptions...

>i want an X1541 Cable? (as in, Is that the BEST OPTION; if i have the hardware??)

>PC sofware for imaging? (is there commodore software that does a more accurate and reliable job? (considering the emulation factor..)

Like for crazy stuff i happen to have built myself a pretty handy lab over the prior year... i'd like to put it to some useful projects!!

I should have the parts, or easy to acquire them..
Now,
for some direction:

'introduction'
Author:sniggyma (registered user: 1 posts )
Date: Wed, Jan 11th, 2012 @ 20:43 ( . )

You'll want to pick up zoom floppy:

[link]

[link]

Right now this seems like the best thing available to rip c64 floppy disks.

'introduction'
Author:hyper active (registered user: 296 posts )
Date: Wed, Jan 11th, 2012 @ 20:55 ( . )

You'll also need either a 1541 with a parallel interface. If you don't have anyone who can help you attach the interface to the drive, you could use a 1571 drive, which requires no parallel interface at all.

'introduction'
Author:TPKawleski (registered user: 8 posts )
Date: Mon, Feb 13th, 2012 @ 05:02 ( . )

thanks hyperactive, i'm mozying on over to the tools area, and i'll check out more. I know core fundamentals of communications, but this is so far removed from my modern'izzled life, that it's like greek all over again to me.
whew, has it been 20 years already? oh crap, pushing 30 now... ;>

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q71=1716039067 - Threads: / 1716039067