'ZipCode 2.0 Sixpack'
Author:bluebirdpod (registered user: 28 posts )
Date: Thu, Oct 27th, 2011 @ 12:38 ( . )

Has anyone ever tried to write a G64 back onto a real disk by doing the following.

1.) using winvice or such and zipcode 2.0 and converting a G64 into sixpack files.

2.) copy the sixpack files onto real blank disks
using star commander.

3.) real hardware 64 and 1541 or such and using zipcode 2.0 and writing the sixpack files back
onto real disks.

I tried World Games years ago and sixpack worked fine, but I wonder if it could handle density changes like SuperKit 2.0 having Density level 2 from track 18 to the end of the disk, which is similar to Defender of the Crown.

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

'ZipCode 2.0 Sixpack'
Author:Pete Rittwage (registered user: 558 posts )
Date: Thu, Oct 27th, 2011 @ 12:43 ( . )

I've never seen it do any better than a serial nibbler like Fast Hack'em- it's not a low-level GCR copier.

I'm surprised it worked with World Games, as that uses a key based on the first partial bytes of sync for every sector on a track. It can't have been a still-protected copy, but one with a parameter used to bypass the protection check. The rest of the Vorpal loader would likely copy OK.

'ZipCode 2.0 Sixpack'
Author:hyper active (registered user: 296 posts )
Date: Thu, Oct 27th, 2011 @ 17:18 ( . )

I seem to remember markus brenner doing it with super cycles a few years back.

'ZipCode 2.0 Sixpack'
Author:Chuck Cochems (guest: search)
Date: Thu, Dec 18th, 2014 @ 15:42 ( . )

yeah zipcode sixpack can't get any protection schemes that defeat serial nibblers.

That said, often you can then run a protection duping parameter on the disk after writing the sixpack back out, and that will usually do the trick. Piraslayer, for example falls to this method. You can copy demon stalkers back using sixpack, and then use the parameter to fix your backup by remastering the protection.

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q58=1714737669 - Threads: / 1714737669