'Latest versions don't work'
Author:Carmine (guest: search)
Date: Tue, Jul 19th, 2011 @ 01:03 ( . )

Hello, I'm a new nibtools user. I just built the necessary equipment and started imaging some disks. But there's a big problem here: I'm only able to use nibtools up to version 0.6.4, because versions r508, r511 and r513 all give me this error: "The procedure entry point cbm_parallel_burst_read_track_var could not be located in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll."
I'm aware that I have to download versions labelled for opencbm4 and that's what I did. OpenCBM 0.4.2 is installed and works perfectly. I tried with two different WinXP installations and I always get the aforementioned error. Please help!

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

Date: Tue, Jul 19th, 2011 @ 01:11 ( . )

Whoops, i meant "opencbm.dll". I googled for the English version of the error I'm getting (since my XP is in Italian) and forgot to change the library name when copypasting text. Sorry.

Author:Pete Rittwage (registered user: 558 posts )
Date: Tue, Jul 19th, 2011 @ 08:40 ( . )

Hi Carmine,

Apparently there is an error in my build process where that routine is not being compiled in when it's missing from earlier versions of OpenCBM. I am out of town without access to the dev tools this week, but will check it out when I get back.

Alternatives are to compile newer versions of OpenCBM yourself, or find where someone else has done so.

Date: Tue, Jul 19th, 2011 @ 09:25 ( . )

Thank you Pete for your answer. If anyone has new OpenCBM binaries for Win32 and wants to share them, I'd love to give them a try.
BTW I took a look at nibtools' sources and - although I'm not a skilled C programmer - I think I found the problem: the function is always declared as external, while it should be declared either as internal or external in the "#ifndef OPENCBM_42 / #else / #endif" control structure inside opencbm.h (but I could be completely wrong as C is not my cup of tea).

Author:Nate (guest: search)
Date: Fri, Jul 22nd, 2011 @ 03:18 ( . )

One newer build was done to support the ZoomFloppy. Details at [link]

Author:Nate (guest: search)
Date: Fri, Jul 22nd, 2011 @ 03:20 ( . )

Actually, it sounds like you're using an older adapter, not the ZoomFloppy. So don't use these newer binaries as they won't work well for you.

Author:Pete Rittwage (registered user: 558 posts )
Date: Sat, Jul 23rd, 2011 @ 11:28 ( . )

This is fixed now in the new build, r514. Tested with 0.4.2 release on i386.

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q84=1716225508 - Threads: / 1716225508