'V-Max Filesystem and Technical Design No'
Author:J Achernar (registered user: 36 posts )
Date: Sat, Mar 19th, 2011 @ 14:39 ( . )

In the C64 model settings, try changing the CIA selections from 6526 (old) to 6526A (new). This allowed Music Construction Set and Dolphin's Rune to work for me.

Incidentally, MCS still exhibits the strange behavior as discussed in the "Fat tracks in emulation" thread. Dolphin's Rune (not copy protected) is an improvement. It did not work in 2.2.

I still have one non copy protected program, Cal-Kit, that still does not work in VICE. It does work in CCS64.

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

Author:Lord Crass (guest: search)
Date: Sat, Mar 19th, 2011 @ 15:27 ( . )

Those changes didn't affect the issue for me. However, Take Down does indeed load if you wait long enough. It takes quite some time to load track 19, whereas on Vice 2.2 it loads that track in about a second.

Three Stooges hangs on track 24, it can't find the $64 byte it's looking for as the start of header.

Could possibly be due to some bad GCR in the G64 image, since I imaged these myself from my original disks.

Author:hyper active (registered user: 296 posts )
Date: Sat, Mar 19th, 2011 @ 17:45 ( . )

3 stooges was a bit of a rushed job and must not have been fully tested before it was shipped out. If you press any key during a load, the program crashes.

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q64=1714288525 - Threads: / 1714288525