'Disks to Add and Manager'
Author:J Achernar (registered user: 36 posts )
Date: Fri, Feb 11th, 2011 @ 22:50 ( . )

Based on the information in Pete's datbase, you should be able to back up The Manager to a D64 using the Star Commander software. It can reproduce simple sector errors. Alternatively, if you look up the format of a D64 file, they are very easy to work with in a hex editor. You could manually edit the (optional) error block at the end of the D64.

If you disk has lots of errors, it may just be bad. You can load the D64 file into DirMaster and see if you can extract the files. If not, it is likely bad. Note--DirMaster does not extract REL files it a way that can be later copied back to a D64. The record length information is not preserved. This could be fixed after the fact with a hex editor.

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

Author:Alex G (registered user: 13 posts )
Date: Mon, Feb 14th, 2011 @ 08:48 ( . )

Thanks for the quick reply! I was able to track it down. Nice to see the old DB's again.

As far as the originals, do you guys want any of the ones I image? Or do you only accept the ones that are sent in?

Author:Pete Rittwage (registered user: 558 posts )
Date: Mon, Feb 14th, 2011 @ 08:59 ( . )

Hi Alex,

Thanks- we will take what we can get- just images and log files are fine. Please note writing on the label (publisher, year) if you have time.

Pete

Author:Alex G (registered user: 13 posts )
Date: Mon, Feb 14th, 2011 @ 15:17 ( . )

Right now I just have a simple set up using ZoomFloppy (I don't have the parallel set up, but I plan to at some point). So the originals I can back up are only ones without protection. I was able to do a few though. Just let me know how to send them to you and I'll send them over as they are made.

Author:Nate (guest: search)
Date: Mon, Feb 14th, 2011 @ 21:13 ( . )

On 02/14/2011 @ 15:17, Alex G wrote :
Right now I just have a simple set up using ZoomFloppy (I don't have the parallel set up, but I plan to at some point). So the originals I can back up are only ones without protection. I was able to do a few though. Just let me know how to send them to you and I'll send them over as they are made.

Just zip up and email to Pete at c64preservation.com or upload to a file sharing site and send him the link.

Author:Pete Rittwage (registered user: 558 posts )
Date: Mon, Feb 14th, 2011 @ 21:27 ( . )

Yes, you can send to peter@c64preservation.com.

At some point, I'll create a proper submission and block-verify tool, so you can see how much your images matches exiting dumps.

Author:schweppes (registered user: 4 posts )
Date: Sun, Nov 27th, 2011 @ 07:08 ( . )

I tried several times to submit zipped disks uploaded to my private webspace (NIBs + log files) during the last months, but my submissions never showed up in the database.

So i guess either
- hyperlinks to private web spaces (contains a tilde character ~ in my case) trigger filter mechanisms
- the submission form (here) is non-functional (?)
or
- my foreign email adress was part or the problem (spam filters).

PLEASE give us a submission page - at least for authenticated users!

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q102=1714227227 - Threads: / 1714227227