'acrojet version 2 peculiar problem'
Author:bluebirdpod (registered user: 28 posts )
Date: Thu, Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 10:49 ( . )

Hey Pete does the Utilities Unlimited Rapid-Delocker remove all the track alignment checks and sync track test. I thought I remembered that the drive was much quiter with less front to back head movement on the copies it made.

Also have you tried the rapid-lok ripper from Nastalgia.

[link]

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

Author:Pete Rittwage (registered user: 558 posts )
Date: Thu, Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 18:01 ( . )

The Rapid-delocker is hit/miss. It works with some titles and not others, since I think it only removes the keytrack checks and none of the addons.

I have tried that RL file-copier, but it's strange. It makes new files with different naming (appending 0 on the end) and it seems to lose the load addressing and all the other info, so you can't just copy all the files to another disk and boot. It just copies the raw data and leaves you with no loader.

Author:Lord Crass (guest: search)
Date: Thu, Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 22:38 ( . )

I thought RapidLok hooked the standard kernel load routines so that game devs didn't have to do anything special for the game to be protected other than state which tracks on the disk would be used for savegames/highscores.

Author:Pete Rittwage (registered user: 558 posts )
Date: Thu, Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 23:13 ( . )

I thought so too, but I tried to use that tool on a couple of games and couldn't get the result to load.

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q93=1714709107 - Threads: / 1714709107