'Quick Question and Direction'
Author:hyper active (registered user: 296 posts )
Date: Tue, Aug 28th, 2012 @ 17:56 ( . )

Hello there.
contact me by email and I will try to help you where I can.
whocrazy@gmail.com.
If you want to image copy protected titles, there are several options available, unfortunately, both require performing some hardware modifications to your device.
If you would like to do this yourself or know someone who could do this for you, head on over to Peter schepers's site.
[link]
You don't need to go through the stress of building a parallel cable yourself, Peter can build one and send it to you.
You will however, need to open up your drive and solder in the parallel port so that you will be able to use nibtools to copy disks.
There is also a device on the market now called a KryoFlux, but like the 1541 option, it requires some modifications to your hardware.
You will need to get a hold of a pc floppy 5.25 drive, and modify it to read both sides of the disk at once.
I already have a modified 1541 with installed parallel port and xap1541 cable and I hope that by the end of the week I will also have my Kryoflux device fixed and ready to be used.
If you feel uncomfortable or don't want to go through the hassle of finding someone to modify your hardware for you, you can send me your disks, and I will image them for you and then send them back.
Contact me on whocrazy@gmail.com and we'll try and arrange something.

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

Replies:
--* Quick Question and Direction
8/28/2012 @ 18:06--Alex G
8/29/2012 @ 00:42----hyper active

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q37=1714916315 - Threads: / 1714916315