'faulty cyan loader nib file?'
Author:hyper active (registered user: 296 posts )
Date: Sun, Jun 27th, 2010 @ 02:44 ( . )

I dont know. All I know is that in the spring of 1989 when my folks bought lazer tag from our local myres store, the disk had a limit on how many times it could be loaded. The disk was not write protected when I got it. Anyhow, when I exceeded this limit on the number of loads, the game would no longer run and play and we had to take the disk back to the shop and exchange it for another..... But the same thing happened with the second copy as well. The person at the shop thought I was trying to pull the old refund trick where you buy the game, make a copy, then take the original back and say that it's faulty...... until he had someone set up a c64 in the shop that he could try the disks out on. Sure enough, the darn thing refused to load. he threw the disks away and gave me the game on cassette. Well that was 21 years ago and guess what, the cassette still works.
Another game I had trouble with was way of the tiger. That also used the "cough cough" faulty version of the cyan loader and wore out within a year, so I through the disk out, not knowing that in 22 years time I'd discover a way to "rejuvenate" it!
the game used 2 sides of the disk. Side 1 was not write protected, but side 2 was.
On the other hand, when a friend bought me the game night rider, it had a better version of the cyan loader that did not wear out, Unfortunately when I moved house, the disk got lost.
I sent you the amended info on the cyan loader a couple of weeks back. Did you put that up on here?
Thanks.

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

Replies:
--* faulty cyan loader nib file?
1/29/2011 @ 09:12--Jani
1/29/2011 @ 20:31----hyper active

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q45=1716231013 - Threads: / 1716231013