'faulty cyan loader nib file?'
Author:hyper active (registered user: 296 posts )
Date: Thu, Jun 10th, 2010 @ 06:28 ( . )

something has just occurred to me. Some cyan loader titles will self-destruct after being loaded a set number of times, IE, the way of the tiger and lazer tag. I dont mean like in the movies where they crumble away into dust or explode in your face, hehehe, but you'll go to load the game up one day and you'll find it crashes at the weak bit check.
Perhaps this is what's happened with armageddon man, maybe it's been loaded up too many times? What I was wondering if you could try is loading the original disk on your machine (yes, I know you have ntsc), but the video mode checker doesn't activate until the game has completely loaded, I know this because I tried putting vice in nts mode. The game will load all the way, then attempt to run, but it crashes obviously because I'm not running vice in pal mode, again I must emphasize the check is made after the game has loaded.
I can't even get that far, when I nibwrite the copy to a real disk and then attempt to load it, it thrashes for a few seconds and just freezes, but if you can try it on your machine to see if you can get passed that point, then at least we know that the disk still works, which means maybe there was a problem when you used nibtools to read the disk.

REPLY: [With No Quote] --- [With Quoted Text]

Replies:
--* faulty cyan loader nib file?
6/13/2010 @ 06:01--hyper active

--- 0 Users Online --- 0 Recent Unique Posters

Q42=1716238781 - Threads: / 1716238781